Have you heard? The new BOW Patch, part of a special collaboration with popular Ninja Warrior competitor Maggi Thorne, is available now through your local Juliette’s Boutique!
The BOW Patch is a celebration of inner and outer strength. It signifies not just overcoming obstacles but also celebrating your true self – important lessons that Maggi loves to share with Girl Scouts.
“In Girl Scouts, girls take the lead in discovering their own power,” Maggi says. “My hope is to help girls know their true selves and to never stop dreaming as they discover their purpose.”
Maggi, who lives in Lincoln, is a former Girl Scout. She dreamed up a patch featuring her signature pink bow and later worked with Girl Scouts Spirit of Nebraska staff to turn her dream into reality.
Girl Scouts can earn the BOW Patch by completing entrepreneurship, service, and empowerment activities. Full details are below.
Maggi’s athletic resurgence began with elite obstacle racing, including the World’s Toughest Mudder, where she placed second after running 75 miles and completing 330 obstacles. She then went on to become a four-time, fan favorite American Ninja Warrior competitor.
True to her Girl Scout roots, Maggi is dedicated to making the world a better place. She travels the country as a motivational speaker; advocates for children in poverty as a global ambassador for the Convoy of Hope feedONE initiative; and is a board member of the nonprofit SELFiD, an organization dedicated to youth health.
All About the BOW Patch
Earn your BOW Patch when you complete one item from each category:
- Visit a female-owned business
- Create a one-page business plan
- Interview a female business owner
- Local: Perform a random act of kindness for someone in your community.
- Global: Create an online campaign to support an international nonprofit organization.
- Share: Share your story and tag Girl Scouts Spirit of Nebraska (@girlscoutsne) and Maggi Thorne (@Nvr_GvUp) for a chance at reposts!
- Playground Play: Gather a group of friends at a playground and dream up your own Ninja Warrior course. Time one another, and make sure to encourage each other while racing the course!
- Gym Play: Gather a group of friends and find a gym where you can have fun, exercise, and support each other while moving!
Click here to download the BOW Patch