World Thinking Day
Did you know you have Girl Scout sisters in more than 140 countries? The Girl Scouting and Girl Guiding sisterhood around the world gather on World Thinking Day to celebrate each other, to learn about the world, and to explore and take action around a common theme. Part of the fun is discovering more about the shrinking world we live in. Participants are asked to choose a country to research before the event. Participants prepare a colorful, interactive display and teach others about their chosen country. Adults must register with girls, using the adult-to-girl ratios found on page 7.
NEW for 2019! Daisies and new troops are invited to attend without researching a country and presenting an activity.
**PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER, THE WORLD THINKING DAY EVENTS AT THESE LOCATIONS ARE NOW SCHEDULED FOR**
- Grand Island: March 17
- North Platte: April 13
- Omaha: April 27
HOW TO REPRESENT A COUNTRY:
- Step 1 – Choose a country you want to learn about. Email Member Support to reserve your country and receive further information.
- Step 2 – Research the country. Find out what it would be like to be a girl growing up there.
- Step 3 – Create a colorful display and develop a fun, interactive activity to teach the other participants about your chosen country. Some suggestions are:
- Teach how to count to 10 in the country’s language.
- Perform a dance, play an instrument, teach a game, or make a craft unique to the country.
- Prepare and offer small samples of a food the country is known for (no nuts, please).
- Provide clothing samples, such as kimonos or sombreros to try on.
Register by: Friday, February 15, 2019
Presenting Girl Cost: $4, includes activities, snack, and patch
Non-Presenting Girl Cost: $8, includes activities, snack, and patch
Presenting Adult Cost: $2, includes activities and snack
Non-Presenting Adult Cost: $4, includes activities and snack