What girls have to say about Program Aide, Program Aide Specialty and Counselor-in-Training learning sessions:
“I did not like it, I loved it!”
“I liked becoming a Program Aide, because the learning session had fun activities and we got to meet new people.”
“I liked playing all the different games and songs and how we split into groups and taught each other.”
“Our learning session was fun and educational. It was FUNCATIONAL!”
Learning opportunities are a great way to expand your leadership skills, meet new friends, make a difference in the lives of younger Girl Scouts and have fun! If you are a Cadette, Senior or Ambassador and are interested in working with younger girls in a troop, group or at camp, then please consider becoming a Program Aide, Program Aide Specialty or Counselor-in-Training!
Learning session opportunities are available in our Learning Schedule
Program Aide (PA)
As a certified Program Aide, you will have the opportunity to volunteer at day camps, council events or with a troop. Program Aides are prepared to lead songs, games, ceremonies and more with younger Girl Scouts!
To become a certified Program Aide, a Girl Scout:
A Program Aide learning certificate and t-shirt is awarded at end of the learning session. The Program Aide award pin is earned after completion of the six PA experiences and completion of the LiA award.
- Must be a registered 6th grade or older Cadette, Senior or Ambassador Girl Scout
- Attend a Program Aide learning session
- Earn one Leader in Action (LiA) Award
- Work directly with Daisies, Brownies and Juniors through six different Program Aide experiences
Register for upcoming PA sessions here.
Program Aide Specialty
This is a follow-up to the Program Aide learning opportunity and is for those who would like to enhance their leadership skills and become an even better Program Aide! Program Aides will expand their skills, either learning more songs, games, crafts and ceremonies; or branching off into a new specialty, such as photography, science or nature. This is a great opportunity to bring PAs together to learn, share and network!
Register for upcoming PA Specialty sessions here.
Counselors-in-Training spend their time volunteering at any of our wonderful camp locations () across the state. If you love the outdoors and helping others, this is the learning opportunity for you!
To become a certified Counselor-in-Training, a Girl Scout:
A Counselor-in-Training t-shirt is awarded at end of the camp learning session. The Counselor-in-Training award pin is earned after completion of the two camp experiences.
- Must be a registered Senior or Ambassador Girl Scout
- Must be a certified Program Aide
- Attend a Counselor-in-Training Camp learning session
- Work directly with younger Girl Scouts through two Spirit of Nebraska camp experiences during two Spirit of Nebraska camp sessions. Each experience must include at least two days and one overnight.
Register for upcoming CIT Camp sessions here.