Our Outreach Troops
We believe every girl deserves access to the life-changing benefits of Girl Scouts! So, we are changing lives by reaching out to the girls who need us most!
Each year, we provide the Girl Scouting experience to more than 3,000 Nebraska girls through our Community Outreach Program. Our program connects with girls, mostly from under-served parts of our communities.
The reality is that the population of girls, for whom this leadership experience is essential, is growing. Without the support of grant funding, public and private donations, and our dedicated outreach volunteers, we would not have the resources necessary to provide Girl Scouts to the girls who need us most.
Our volunteers say that working with Girl Scout Outreach troops is a rewarding and enriching part of their lives.
“Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they have the heart.”
If you are interested in volunteering at an Outreach site, please contact us.
Sites We Serve
To make it easy for you to see exactly where we provide Girl Scouting through our Community Outreach Programs, we created this map identifying each of our current sites.
Benefits and Incentives
According to a study by the Girl Scout Research Institute:
- 94% of Girl Scout volunteers have made new friends.
- 88% believe their life is better because they volunteer with Girl Scouts.
- Two-thirds of Girl Scout volunteers believe their experience has helped them professionally.
- 95% of Girl Scout volunteers are happy knowing they make girls’ lives better and being a role model for girls.
- Outreach volunteers commit 1-2 hours a week for troop meetings and lesson planning time.
- As a volunteer, you will go into a school or community site to facilitate Girl Scout activities. You will serve as a troop co-leader for your girls; regular attendance is expected. Supplies will be provided by your Outreach Specialist.
- Girl Scouts Spirit of Nebraska will provide you with a free adult membership.